After a couple of weeks of get togethers and tearful goodbyes, our family headed out to the land of the Irish. We departed KC on September 15th with 20 pieces of luggage, and after 35 hrs of travel time (we missed our connection in Chicago), we landed in Dublin, Ireland.
The first week included:
- Getting settled in our little, temporary, apartment home
- Several drives around the countryside and getting lost
- A visit to the National Print Museum
- Over 6 trips to the local grocery stores
- The first day of Irish school
The luggage and children waiting for us to rent our cars.
Happy we've arrived!
Mom's Taxi
First day of school.
"Culture Night" in Dublin. Free admission to area museums. Hands-on activities for the kids.
Looking forward to the coming week.....
Look forward to future posts! Blogspot was a wise choice for your blog - it's easy to use and keep up, does a nice job with photos.
ReplyDeleteThanks for giving it a look, Frank. I agree. And the pictures don't look too bad despite the aged camera. :)
DeleteThis really helps us connect with what you are doing!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea and great material...of course we're biased!!
Papa and Mimi
I thought you would like it. :)
DeleteHugs!
I am SO EXCITED that you decided to do a blog!! Maybe someone will read it and turn it into a movie and Amy Adams can play you!!
ReplyDeleteKeep the information and pictures coming. I am very excited for all of you and think about you often. Take care.
Ha! I won't get my hopes up!! :)
DeleteMiss you guys, too. I bet this has been a very fun week celebrating Miss Toni. :)
Wow blogging, never thought of that :) My blogs are boring and based in American. Look forward to keeping up with you this way. Love and Prayers!
ReplyDelete:) Ha, Ha!
DeleteThanks for checking it out! Hugs!
Yay so glad you are doing this so we can feel connected via pictures and stories! Suggestion for the next blog...you cooking lamb and quinoa? JK!!! Love from the Godfrey's!
ReplyDeleteThanks for checking it out! :)
DeleteHa! No lamb recipes for me...they look just fine grazing in the fields as we pass. But I do have a bag of quinoa sitting on the counter just waiting to be eaten. :)
Miss you guys!
Wow! This is so awesome! Praying for you all...
ReplyDeleteThe Megyesi Family
So appreciate your prayers. Thanks, friends!
DeleteThanks for keeping us posted sis! Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteAndrew
Thanks, Andrew. Miss you, too, but see you soon!!! Yay!
DeleteI will live vicariously through you and enjoy reading about your adventures! Thanks for sharing. And...your hair looks super cute straight (trust that I know how much time and energy that takes!)!! :) Monica Smith
ReplyDelete:) Thanks!
DeleteYeah...not sure my hair will even get straightened here. It rains TOO much!
Take care!
Love it!! 20 pieces of luggage huh? WOW! That is a mountain of luggage! And a lot of suitcases to store!! :)
ReplyDeleteHa! It seemed like too much luggage at the time, but I'm already wishing I had brought other things with me. I've started making a list of items I want our first guests to bring with them in a couple of weeks. :)
DeleteYay! I was hoping you'd start a blog! Updating daily right?
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try for weekly updates...no promises. :) Miss you guys!
DeleteWhoohoo! I successfully set up a gmail account so I can follow your blog..Kamron should be very proud of his mommmy :)
ReplyDeleteHope the move went great yesterday and today...anxious to see pictures :)
Love all of you!
Nana and Papa
Hi Miller family,
ReplyDeleteWe came across you blog and couldn't believe it. We just relocated from St Louis to Two Mile House. We landed in Dublin on November 2nd and are due to move into our rental home on November 10th. It's been a whirlwind so far - as you know.
We would love to connect to share some stories - we have many!
Nick & Emma
Hello!
DeleteMy husband tried responding to your post but I think it was lost in space. :) Hope you are adjusting well to the area and your new home. It's a big move for sure. Would love to connect with you and help out if you have any questions. My email address is littleredrachael@yahoo.com
Blessings,
Rachael